gpgme: environment variable not set

Randy Trinh trinh.randy at gmail.com
Thu May 24 21:46:58 CEST 2018

I have recently cross compiled gpgme for a program I am working on but
gpgme fails to function as expected as I get an error saying an environment
variable cannot be found -- verbose in this case doesn't really elaborate
on what that missing environment variable may be.

This happens when I try to import a key and then decrypt a file -- the
import returns a success but I assume only the public key has been imported
because the decrypt error claims there is no secret key.

I have checked gpgconf --check-program and noticed that the scdaemon path
is incorrect but I both don't know how to change the path -- and whether or
not that will fix it.

Does anyone have any possible idea as to why I can't seem to access my
private-keys on my cross compiled device?

Thanks in advance,
Randy