Encrypting 27 TB RMAN Backup with GPG

Satendra Tiwari sattiwari18 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 07:39:56 CEST 2018

Dear users,

We want to ship our on-premise Oracle backup to AWS to be upload to AWS S3.
Since, AWS Snowball is not available in our country and our internet link
is a shared connection, we are limited to send this data in physical drive
to AWS DC. Also, we dont have Oracle's ASO license to encrypt the backup.

In this case, we want to use GPG to encrypt Oracle backup. We have two
databases of 17 TB and 7 TB they compress to 2.6 TB and 1.3 TB
respectively.

What would be the best way to encrypt our backup and how long would it take?