Monitoring queries to gpg-agent?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Sep 26 12:43:45 CEST 2018

On 25/09/2018 23:03, Kristian Larsson wrote:
> Is there a way I can monitor and display the queries to gpg-agent so I
> can see what the current query is actually trying to do?

This is reminding me of a message Werner wrote[1] last year that
pinentry will show some context of the reason it is prompting. So this
functionality might be in the works. I assume you are prompted by a
pinentry to push the button?

As you note, if access to your agent was compromised, this would not
constitute solid protection as the information could be spoofed or
substituted. It is informative, though.

HTH,

Peter.

[1] <https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2017-November/059469.html>