Generating revocation certificate

André Ockers andre at ockers.eu
Sat Apr 6 21:21:12 CEST 2019

Hi Peter and list,

Op 06-04-19 om 21:02 schreef Peter Lebbing:
> The error message is really unclear, but the problem probably is that
> you should have used "gpg2" instead of "gpg", consistently. So just
> leave "gpg" behind and only use "gpg2" ever. Well, until an updated
> Trisquel drops the old 1.4 and both refer to the same version.
>
> GnuPG 1.4 and 2.1+ do not mix well in certain scenarios. You probably
> encountered one.

I'm now running Synaptic and when I try to remove gnupg, a pop up tells
me that automatically the following packages will be removed:

  * apt,
  * apt-listchanges,
  * apt-utils,
  * libcryptui0a,
  * seahorse-daemon,
  * seahorse-nautilus,
  * signing-party,
  * tasksel,
  * tasksel-data,
  * trisquel-desktop-common,
  * trisquel-keyring,
  * trisquel-minimal,
  * trisquel-release-upgrader-gtk,
  * unattended-upgrades,
  * update-manager,
  * update-notifier and
  * update-notifier-common

which would probably be a bad idea, wouldn't it?

Thank you,

Best regards,

André Ockers