Generating revocation certificate

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sat Apr 6 21:30:38 CEST 2019

Hi André,

On 06/04/2019 21:21, André Ockers wrote:
> which would probably be a bad idea, wouldn't it?

Quite! :-)

Your operating system probably still requires GnuPG 1.4, so you can't
remove it. But you can solemnly pledge not to use it... I wouldn't mess
with the "gpg" binary, though. Don't use some method to prevent your
access to it, or you might silently corrupt some utility that you use
under your user account that expects it to be 1.4.

This was all quite an ordeal for Debian to get right, there are a lot of
subtleties to deal with. I really think your best bet is to get that "2"
suffix in your muscle memory for when you use the command line.

HTH,

Peter.