Documentation for agent and scdaemon interaction (Assuan protocol)

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Fri Apr 12 12:27:40 CEST 2019

On 12/04/2019 04:57, Matheus Afonso Martins Moreira wrote:
> Is this gpg-agent command not documented?

For direct interaction with the agent and scdaemon, my first
documentation source is always the inline help. Only when I need more
than that will I look for more sources.

Talking to scdaemon is done by prefixing your command with "SCD ".

$ gpg-connect-agent
> help
# NOP
# CANCEL
[...]
OK
> help keyinfo
# KEYINFO [--[ssh-]list] [--data] [--ssh-fpr] [--with-ssh] <keygrip>
[...]
#
# More information may be added in the future.
OK
> scd help
# NOP
# CANCEL
[...]
# KILLSCD
OK
> scd help learn
# LEARN [--force] [--keypairinfo]
[...]
#
# Note, that this function may even be used on a locked card.
OK
> /bye

HTH,

Peter.