BSI withdraws approval of GnuPG for confidential documents

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Thu Aug 22 00:04:55 CEST 2019

On 21/08/2019 22:05, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Thanks for pointing that out. In case you mean me asking the BSI I think
> it is much better that Werner, as author of GnuPG, asks them.

If I were you, I'd just ask, and note that you will post the answer to
"gnupg-users, the official GnuPG mailing list for general discussion and
help" or something on that order. In that case they will understand this
is for public dissemination among the GnuPG-using populace. This gives
it due weight as well. And relieves Werner of the work, making time free
for stuff only he (or few people at least) can do well.

(And in general, announcing you will publish what someone is writing to
you is the nice thing to do and might even be required)

And heck, it might lend urgency to the topic should Werner subsequently
also ask them.

HTH,

Peter.