BSI withdraws approval of GnuPG for confidential documents

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Thu Aug 22 00:43:47 CEST 2019

Peter Lebbing wrote:

> On 21/08/2019 22:05, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:
> > Thanks for pointing that out. In case you mean me asking the BSI I think
> > it is much better that Werner, as author of GnuPG, asks them.
>
> If I were you, I'd just ask, and note that you will post the answer to
> "gnupg-users, the official GnuPG mailing list for general discussion and
> help" or something on that order. In that case they will understand this
> is for public dissemination among the GnuPG-using populace. This gives
> it due weight as well. And relieves Werner of the work, making time free
> for stuff only he (or few people at least) can do well.
>
> (And in general, announcing you will publish what someone is writing to
> you is the nice thing to do and might even be required)
>
> And heck, it might lend urgency to the topic should Werner subsequently
> also ask them.

Well, normally citizens in Germany can contact the BSI via an email
address they specifically have for citizens. However, in this case
the linked article's contact address is for the press only, which I
overlooked, sorry! Werner should have the proper contact channels.

Otherwise, if the contact address in this article would be for non-press
people I could mail them.

Regards
Stefan

--
box: 4a64758de9e8ceded2c481ee526440687fe2f3a828e3a813f87753ad30847b56
 Autocrypt pub key avail. on Hagrid - offline pub key avail. via WKD