gmail smime, sends two messages one is not encrypted. Experience?

Juergen Bruckner juergen at bruckner.tk
Sat Dec 7 20:43:37 CET 2019

This question is very easy to answer.

S/MIME has some advantages over (Open)PGP.
One of them - the most important for the usual S/MIME users - is, that
S/MIME allows the uniquely identification of a communication partner,
which is only limitedly possible with PGP.

In addition, educational institutions, such as universities, schools,
research networks etc., have their own internal CA, which keeps the
costs very manageable.

Am 05.12.19 um 23:39 schrieb Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users:
> Sorry, I can't help you but I do have a question, if you don't mind ...
>
> Why are the Students at the University don't use OpenPGP with Gmail
> via the free Mailvelope add-on for Firefox, Chrome? Wouldn't that be
> not cheaper instead of purchasing a whole lot of S/MIME certificates?

best regards
Juergen

--
Juergen M. Bruckner