gmail smime, sends two messages one is not encrypted. Experience?

Juergen BRUCKNER juergen at bruckner.tk
Sat Dec 7 21:28:27 CET 2019

Hi Stefan

Thats not the approach PGP pursues.
PGP was, is and should continue to be decentralized in the future. It
was never really intended to validate identities in a wide circle, but
to secure communication, and - im parts - to ensure the integrity of
software.

The so-called WOT has proven to me in the field of PGP and does not
really need central instances

Am 07.12.19 um 21:11 schrieb Stefan Claas:
> Yes, but the is not an OpenPGP 'fault' IHMO, it is caused by users and
> the OpenPGP community in general, not accepting CAs and still relying
> on the classical WoT.
>
> Maybe we should ask ourselves why we not have more (free) CAs for
> the OpenPGP ecosystem (wish we had more like Governikus ...)

regards
Juergen