gmail smime, sends two messages one is not encrypted. Experience?

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Sat Dec 7 21:11:27 CET 2019

Juergen Bruckner via Gnupg-users wrote:

> This question is very easy to answer.
>
> S/MIME has some advantages over (Open)PGP.
> One of them - the most important for the usual S/MIME users - is, that
> S/MIME allows the uniquely identification of a communication partner,
> which is only limitedly possible with PGP.

Yes, but the is not an OpenPGP 'fault' IHMO, it is caused by users and
the OpenPGP community in general, not accepting CAs and still relying
on the classical WoT.

Maybe we should ask ourselves why we not have more (free) CAs for
the OpenPGP ecosystem (wish we had more like Governikus ...)

Regards
Stefan

--
box: 4a64758de9e8ceded2c481ee526440687fe2f3a828e3a813f87753ad30847b56
  certified OpenPGP key blocks available on keybase.io/stefan_claas