Keysigning party: after the event challenges

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Sun Feb 10 19:29:19 CET 2019

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 03:36:05PM +0100, André Ockers wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Thank you very much.
>

> Op 09-02-19 om 12:48 schreef Peter Lebbing:
> > Hello André,
> >
> > On 09/02/2019 09:06, André Ockers wrote:
> >> - 171 official keysigning party participants, of who 107 showed up to my
> >> awareness;
> > This is going to be a pain to do manually. But you don't have to! As the
> > FOSDEM keysigning party page[1] notes, "You may find caff a helpful tool."
> > (last sentence of the page, not counting the footer).
> >
> > If you open your ksp-fosdem2019.txt file and put "x" in every checkbox
> > you have checked on your paper list, you can feed this text file with
> > checkmarks directly to caff and it will import the keys for you *and*
> > verify their fingerprints! It will only consider entries with checkmarks
> > for both "Fingerprint OK" and "ID OK", so only when the participant has
> > acknowledged their fingerprint matches and you have marked that you find
> > their identification papers match.
>
> Done.
>
> > The FOSDEM KSP offers a keyring with all the keys from the party. You
> > can feed that to caff as well and it won't even need to fetch the keys
> > from a keyserver (which might not have all keys).
> >
> > My suggestion is to look for "caff" and documentation and try that
> > before you verify 107 fingerprints manually :-). If you still hit
> > problems, report back here and we can take a further look.
>
> Following documentation [1], I checked that I have Postfix installed and
> now I'm here [2]
>
> $ sudo postconf -e 'relayhost = smtp.provider.nl'
> [sudo] wachtwoord voor andre:
> postconf: fatal: open /etc/postfix/main.cf for reading: No such file or
> directory

Make sure that the postconf in your $PATH matches where the Postfix
config directory really is.  Depending on which distro you're actually
using, it might be somewhere like /usr/local/etc/postfix/ or something
similar.

If locate's db is up to date then there's a good chance that running
"locate main.cf" will answer this for you (or confirm you really don't
have a Postfix config file; but if that were true then you'd have much
bigger problems with launching Postfix).

Anyway, assuming postconf is not loading the right file, but the
config file exists, then you can just edit the main.cf file directly
((possibly via sudoedit) to add your relayhost config line.  Then
follow it with:

    $ sudo postfix reload

Regards,
Ben