Upload key to WKD from command line?

Alessandro Vesely vesely at tana.it
Mon Feb 11 13:28:33 CET 2019

On Sat 09/Feb/2019 11:20:39 +0100 Wolfgang Traylor wrote:

> Is there a way to upload my public key to the Web Key Directory (WKD) of my email provider using command-line tools?

It might be possible, but not straightforward.  The protocol is designed to
work over SMTP.  It makes sense that a provider automates the procedure,
although small providers can do it manually.  For users, it is definitely overkill.

See https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-koch-openpgp-webkey-service-07#section-4
It is a work in progress, so don't mind the SRV RRset in bullet #1.

> (Enigmail shows the “Upload to Web Key Directory” only in gray. I don’t know why.)

Neither do I.  https://posteo.de/.well-known/openpgpkey/submission-address has
an address of keys at posteo.de.  However, their "policy" entry have:

#Policy for draft-koch-openpgp-webkey-service-04
mailbox-only
auth-submit

(Version -04 didn't provide for a submission address among policy flags, but
maybe Enigmail looks for it just there?)

Best
Ale