0.332

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Mon Feb 11 23:24:22 CET 2019

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 12:17 PM Gerd v. Egidy
<gerd.von.egidy at intra2net.com> wrote:
> How does it compare size-wise to the cyberJack one from Reiner SCT?

  * cyberJack RFID standard:

    62 x 95 x 13 mm

  * 0.332 enclosure:

    69 × 111 × 13 mm

It could be fun to replace the pin pad by a smaller one and create a
custom board. IOW it could be fun to create an open source card reader!

> That is the one I use for size-constrained use cases.

Did that in the past too. However, the “cyberJack RFID standard” needs
dedicated drivers while the Reiner SCT directly interfaces with
GnuPG. In particular with Termux on my rooted Android phone, I did not
get the cyberJack to work.

> I think having a slot for a regular card is an advantage as you can
> easily take the card out, carry it with you in your wallet and use it
> on other systems too.

I understand, but that’s not my use-case. If someone wants to give it a
go, it should not be too hard to modify the current design. You can
start from the STL files if you don’t have Rhino3D (proprietary).