It's more GNU/Linux than GnuPG

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 14 07:51:30 CET 2019

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 17:27, amuza at riseup.net said:

> 	keyserver-options ca-cert-file=~/keyserverCA.pem

Didn't you got the warning that this option is obsolete.  Certifciates
are configured in dirmngr.conf.  In case you are using a 2.0 version of
GnuPG, please note that this branch reached EOL 14 months ago.  In case
of the 1.4 version please considre to move to 2.2 - we may eventually
remove the keyserver support from 1.4.

> Is there any way to specify "user" without writing their name?

POSIX systems always have the $HOME envar set.  Thus use

  $HOME/keyserverCA.pem

instead of the "~" abbreviation for $HOME.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner