OpenPGP card: how to lock the card again so that PIN is required

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Jan 1 08:36:58 CET 2019

Hello,

This is with gnupg-2.2.12 and pcsc-lite-1.8.23. After an update of the
System (FreeBSD CURRENT) the /usr/local/sbin/pcscd does no work anymore
with the OpenPGP card (HID Global OMNIKEY 6121 Smart Card Reader) after
withdraw and re-insert. It works fine after boot, I have to enter
the PIN to unlock the card and all tested functions are working.

I have to investigate this further or change the 'scdaemon' to let it
directly access the OpenPGP bypassing the 'pcscd' (comments on this are
welcome).

How can I meanwhile 'reset' the OpenPGP card so that on next request for
the secrets (decrypt, signing, ssh) the PIN is requested?

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
October, 7 -- The GDR was different: Peace instead of Bundeswehr and wars, Druschba