Feature proposal - image encryption

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Sun Jan 6 23:12:28 CET 2019

On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 22:13:50 +0100, Dirk Gottschalk wrote:

Hi Dirk,

> I don't think GPG should start to mangle with other data formats.
> ImageMagick does the trick. Why should we invent the wheel a second
> time?

My thinking is that people using security tools like GnuPG might
not trust tools from graphic tools programmers. And the second
thought is in case GnuPG would allow this people like us could
promote GnuPG for that in Computer Graphics communities and
in other places, which are much bigger than encryption communities.

GnuPG is world standard for email and probably file encryption, so
why not for image encryption too? :-)

At least it would not hurt to have such feature in GnuPG. ;-)

Regards
Stefan