Feature proposal - image encryption

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Sun Jan 6 23:42:03 CET 2019

On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 23:19:24 +0100, Dirk Gottschalk wrote:

Hi Dirk,

> > GnuPG is world standard for email and probably file encryption, so
> > why not for image encryption too? :-)
>
> > At least it would not hurt to have such feature in GnuPG. ;-)
>
> Except for the weeks, months, or years, which were needed to firstly
> implement the JPeg format, for example and the other ten millions of
> picture formats out there in the world. ;)

PNG is imho the current standard for Internet usage. Jpeg with its
compression artifacts and other formats are also mentioned as not
recommended to use with ImageMagick encryption.

> I see what you mean regarding to promotion and so on. But, under the
> line, it's not worth the trouble. ^^

Well, it is Werner's baby, so not my job to decide. It was only a proposal
and not meant as a must have request.

Regards
Stefan