Your Thoughts

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Mon Jul 1 17:15:02 CEST 2019

Michał Górny via Gnupg-users wrote:

> On Mon, 2019-07-01 at 15:38 +0100, Andrew Gallagher wrote:
> > On 2019/07/01 15:13, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:
> > > I agree with Professor Green. Maybe he and his students can
> > > program a POC something more simple, preferably in Golang and
> > > while using the NaCl* library.
> >
> > Golang? Not Rust? :-P
> >
> > I do find it odd how many projects make such a big deal of what language
> > they're written in. It shouldn't matter what language you use so long as
> > it works (and is memory safe).
>
> I do find it odd how many projects choose exotic languages and then
> become defunct because few years later nobody wants to touch them.
> Presuming you're still able to build them.  It's ironic people still
> don't see that even though SKS has just proven an example of that.

As of my understanding Golang programmers are the highest paid programmers.
Sorry I no longer have the link to quote that!

BTW. Golang is from Google and if you check github project there always
plenty of Golang solutions available.

And the IMHO super cool thing of Golang is that if you cross-compile
on a Windows box it runs on Mac, Linux, Arm etc. and vice versa, very cool!

Regards
Stefan