Your Thoughts

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Mon Jul 1 17:44:41 CEST 2019

On 2019/07/01 16:26, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:
> I use encryption tools *offline*
> on my Notebook and then copy/paste the encrypted messages
> into CoolTerm to transfer them then via my USB to USB Nullmodem
> cable to my online computer. :-)

That seems excessively baroque. What's your threat model? Is it really
so dire that Tails isn't sufficiently sandboxed for you?

>> You can't script a GUI, but you can GUI a CLI - and there is no shortage
>> of decent GUI interfaces for GnuPG.
>
> I am aware of that, but I do have (Golang) tools which work as cli
> tools and they can be used with an extra written GUI program, if
> someone likes to do so. Very handy!

I agree that's the way user interfaces should be, but now I'm unclear
what your complaint about GnuPG is, given that it's a CLI tool
optionally wrapped in a GUI interface.

--
Andrew Gallagher