keyserver-options: self-sigs-only, import-clean, import-minimal

Teemu Likonen tlikonen at iki.fi
Wed Jul 3 09:38:26 CEST 2019

Werner Koch via Gnupg-users [2019-07-03 08:57:55+02:00] wrote:

> On Tue,  2 Jul 2019 11:00, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:
>> But "clean-then-import" is clearly a preferable approach to any of the
>> workarounds described so far.
>
> --import-options import-clean does exactly this.

Daniel basically said that "first clean then import [to local keyring]"
and you confirmed that import-clean does exactly this.

But then...

> import-clean does this:
>
>    After import, compact (remove all signatures except the
>    self-signature)

...here you and the manual say that "first import [to local keyring]
then clean".

So there are conflicting messages. Which of the two happens?

I think everyone would prefer that import-clean would do all the
checking and cleaning before importing certificates to the local
keyring. The same thing with import-minimal.

--
/// Teemu Likonen   <https://keybase.io/tlikonen> //
// PGP: 4E1055DC84E9DFF613D78557719D69D324539450 ///