keyserver-options: self-sigs-only, import-clean, import-minimal

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jul 3 12:04:55 CEST 2019

On Wed,  3 Jul 2019 10:38, tlikonen at iki.fi said:

>> import-clean does this:
>>
>>    After import, compact (remove all signatures except the
>>    self-signature)
>
> ...here you and the manual say that "first import [to local keyring]
> then clean".
>
> So there are conflicting messages. Which of the two happens?

Right, the man page is a ambigious in use of the term "import".  It
should say that "after the key has been received by gpg, is is compacted
..., and if no error is encountred written to the keyring".

> I think everyone would prefer that import-clean would do all the
> checking and cleaning before importing certificates to the local
> keyring. The same thing with import-minimal.

It does this.  However for 150k signatures it even takes quite some time
to check whether the key does not exist locally so that the signature
won't be imported.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner