keyserver-options: self-sigs-only, import-clean, import-minimal

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Jul 3 15:42:21 CEST 2019

Hi,

On 03/07/2019 15:10, Werner Koch wrote:
> Yes, as I wrote: 0.2s compared to 50s.

I fear we're miscommunicating, so let me try to rephrase it again. Sorry
for my persistence, it's only because I think we're miscommunicating and
it would be good if that could be fixed.

If

--keyserver-options import-minimal

behaved like

--keyserver-options self-sigs-only,import-minimal

as I propose, why would it take longer than 0.2 s?

If there is no good use case for using

--keyserver-options self-sigs-only

instead of

--keyserver-options self-sigs-only,import-minimal

or for using

--keyserver-options import-minimal

instead of

--keyserver-options self-sigs-only,import-minimal

then the self-sigs-only behaviour can be folded into import-minimal,
avoiding creating yet another option in an already crowded option space.

HTH,

Peter.