SKS and GnuPG related issues and possible workarounds

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Wed Jul 3 16:18:50 CEST 2019

On 03/07/2019 15:00, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:
> If I had time and money I would hire a lawyer, would formulate a letter
> for SKS operators stating that I request the removal of my pub key data
> and would as EU citizen refer in this letter to our GDPR.
>
> Maybe, if time allows, I may check with EFF and their lawyers ...

Would you mind waiting for the replacement system to be fully tested and
migrated before setting fire to the old one?

There's a scene in the classic comedy Father Ted, where a visitor to the
parochial house starts complaining about the build quality of the
bookshelves, and to prove his point he pulls them to pieces. "Look at
that, it's falling apart!" [1]

Just because something is broken does not mean you are obliged to kick
it over to prove the point.

[1] https://vimeo.com/108169770

--
Andrew Gallagher