SKS and GnuPG related issues and possible workarounds

Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wiktor at metacode.biz
Fri Jul 5 11:15:10 CEST 2019

On 03.07.2019 17:33, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Regarding my keybase presence, I can immediately close down my account
> and my data and the data from my followers is removed, cool eh?

I did a small experiment and it seems that your data is permanently
preserved in sigchains of all people that follow you. Even if you delete
your account.

For example this is my account's sigchain:

https://keybase.io/_/api/1.0/sig/get.json?uid=ba0cc408d52c5965ac804448d36e1b19

I did create a dummy account and followed that.

The account is deleted now:
https://keybase.io/richard12384

But the data still remain in API of my sigchain (grep for the username).

I did try to clarify this with Keybase people but did not get the reply
(maybe you'd have more luck in this).

Kind regards,
Wiktor

--