SKS and GnuPG related issues and possible workarounds

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Fri Jul 5 11:26:58 CEST 2019

On 05/07/2019 11:15, Wiktor Kwapisiewicz via Gnupg-users wrote:
> I did a small experiment and it seems that your data is permanently
> preserved in sigchains of all people that follow you. Even if you
> delete your account.

Plus, the data is preserved in different places such as archive.org,
which I showed already in my earlier post:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190423190205/https://keybase.io/stefan_claas

That's a snapshot from 2 months ago, which will not go anywhere.

It kinda was my point posting that link ;-).

Peter.

PS: Before you blame archive.org: they respect robots exclusions and
wishes from individual site owners. It was keybase.io which allowed it
in the first place, although it may or may not have been a conscious
decision on their part.