SKS and GnuPG related issues and possible workarounds

Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wiktor at metacode.biz
Fri Jul 5 12:13:25 CEST 2019

On 05.07.2019 11:26, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> PS: Before you blame archive.org: they respect robots exclusions and
> wishes from individual site owners. It was keybase.io which allowed it
> in the first place, although it may or may not have been a conscious
> decision on their part.

To be honest I'd consider this a separate matter. Because if the data is
deleted from site X but archive.org snapshots it it's archive.org that
now processes your data, not site X.

Now, of course I do agree with your overall conclusion that the data is
spread throughout the Internet anyway (through mailing lists, git logs
etc.) but that doesn't mean that social sites shouldn't do their due
diligence w.r.t. data deletion.

As for robots.txt not all archiving sites respect it:
https://www.archiveteam.org/index.php?title=Robots.txt

Kind regards,
Wiktor

--