SKS and GnuPG related issues and possible workarounds

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Fri Jul 5 16:14:17 CEST 2019

Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wrote:

> On 03.07.2019 17:33, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:
> > Regarding my keybase presence, I can immediately close down my account
> > and my data and the data from my followers is removed, cool eh?
>
> I did a small experiment and it seems that your data is permanently
> preserved in sigchains of all people that follow you. Even if you delete
> your account.
>
> For example this is my account's sigchain:
>
> https://keybase.io/_/api/1.0/sig/get.json?uid=ba0cc408d52c5965ac804448d36e1b19
>
> I did create a dummy account and followed that.
>
> The account is deleted now:
> https://keybase.io/richard12384
>
> But the data still remain in API of my sigchain (grep for the username).
>
> I did try to clarify this with Keybase people but did not get the reply
> (maybe you'd have more luck in this).
>
> Kind regards,
> Wiktor

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

I think also that people who delete their accounts can live with at
least the fact that keybase searches in the interface no longer
show up then their page, right?

Regardíng archive.org, I think if one request the deletion of data
there they have to follow too, same as Google and any others.

We people should be thankful that this is since GDPR took place
now possible, at least for EU citizens.

Regards
Stefan