WKD documentation (Re: Testing WKD setup?)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jul 10 19:34:41 CEST 2019

On Tue,  9 Jul 2019 23:33, johannes at zarl-zierl.at said:

> Now that I have done it once, I think the setup without /usr/lib/gnupg/gpg-
> wks-client isn't that complicated either:

Please use gpg-wks-tool instead; it is much easier and less error prone.

> b. Manually, using gpg: gpg --homedir "$(mktemp -d)" --locate-keys $KEYID

With 2.2.17 use

  gpg --locate-external-key -v foo at example.org

Granted it imports the key but after all that is what you want.  That
new command does not check the local keyring so it can be used to
refresh from a WKD (or whatever has been configured in your AKL)

You may  use

  gpg-wks-client --with-colons --supported DOMAINS

to get the status of the Web Key Service for the requested domains.
See the man page for details.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner