new to GPG: "gpg: Fatal: zlib inflate problem: invalid code lengths set"

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Tue Jul 23 21:54:09 CEST 2019

Hi ML,

i'm new to GPG, so please excuse asking silly questions.
I managed to create my keys with "gpg2 --gen-key"
I wrote an e-Mail to adele at gnupp.de with the subject "Mein öffentlicher Schlüssel", which is german for "my public key".
Shortly thereafter i got an encrypted response which, i assume, i have to decrypt with my private key.
I pasted the encrypted stuff into a file and then tried to decrypt:

gpg2 -d nachricht.txt

I've been asked for the passphrase for my private key which i entered, but then i got the following error:

gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit RSA key, ID F742DB29, created 2019-07-23
      "Bernd Lentes (Helmholtz GPG Schluessel) <bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de>"
gpg: Fatal: zlib inflate problem: invalid code lengths set

The file has a size of 68 KB, could that be the culprit ?

Bernd

--

Bernd Lentes
Systemadministration
bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 89 3187 1241
phone: +49 89 3187 3827
fax: +49 89 3187 2294
http://www.helmholtz-muenchen.de/idg

Perfekt ist wer keine Fehler macht
Also sind Tote perfekt

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Prof. Dr. Veronika von Messling
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Matthias Tschoep, Heinrich Bassler, Kerstin Guenther
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671