Enigmail

Erich Eckner gnupg at eckner.net
Wed Jul 31 09:27:47 CEST 2019

Hi David,

here is, how I had thunderbird + enigmail running for several years with
two keys and without problems (I have switched away from thunderbird since
one year ago, because it got too heavy and slow for my taste):

For each sending address, I have an identity
"Edit" -> "Account Settings" -> "Manage Identities ..."
and for each I set up the correct pgp key to use
"Edit ..." (in the Identities-window) -> "OpenPGP Security" -> "Use email
address of this identity to identify OpenPGP key" (where the address
matches) and "Use specific OpenPGP key ID" (where the address does not
match).

Sry, If this does not help and you mentioned it already, but the previous
mails contained too much emotion to completely be read by me.

Anyways, since you originally asked for an alternative: I am currently
using alpine + topal - which get's the multiple-keys part well, too, but
has deficits regarding MIME/multipart encryption.

regards,
Erich Eckner
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
Institut für Optik und Quantenelektronik
Helmholtzweg 4
07743 Jena

Tel. +49 3641 9-47238