[gpg4win-3.1.7] Automated Import of Public Key between programs

emordin emordin at protonmail.com
Mon Jun 3 18:11:04 CEST 2019

I'm learning to use OpenPGP on Windows and I downloaded the gpg4win-3.1.7 package which contains:

GnuPG 2.2.15
Kleopatra 3.1.7
GPA 0.10.0
GpgOL 2.3.3
GpgEX 1.0.6
Kompendium (de) 4.0.1
Compendium (en) 3.0.0

I installed GnuPG, Kleopatra (certificate manager), GPA (graphical manager of keys), and GpgEX (GnupG extension for Windows Explorer)... My question is when i use programs like Enigmail or the Mailvelop browser plugin, my public keys get automatically imported to those programs. Is this a feature of GnuPG on all OS's (Linux, etc.) or is this only a feature on Windows? If this is a feature for GnuPG, does anyone know what daemon/service is running this? And if there is any documentation online to how this process works?

Thanks.