how to integrate ca-certificates with gpgsm (for email s/mime signature verification)

Gregor Zattler telegraph at gmx.net
Wed Jun 5 19:10:57 CEST 2019

Hi gnupg users and developers, ,

I use notmuch-emacs to read my email and sometimes do use GnuPG,
therefore notmuch-emacs is configured to verify signatures but
does so also for S/MIME  signatures.  When displaying such emails
I'm asked if I trust the respective Root CAs Cert.  That's tedious.

Therefore I would like to integrate certificates provided by
debians ca-certificates package with gpgsm, but the only way I
found to do so, would be to manually import all those
certificates.

Isn't there an option to read in those certs from /etc/ssl... at
start-up?

Ciao; Gregor