ProtonMail and Anonymity

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Sun Jun 9 10:20:38 CEST 2019

Mirimir wrote:

> Some years ago, I got Quicksilver Lite working in Debian with Wine.
> But even then, it hadn't been updated for years. And now I find that
> https://www.quicksilvermail.net isn't loading. Are people still using
> nymservers with mixmaster?  And do you have working onion URLs for
> nymservers and news servers?

I visited the Quicksilver site a couple of days ago and it was working.

I may ping Richard to let him know that it is not working.

Regarding Nymservers, you communicate not directly with them, so
no .onion needed. What you need to do is set up Mixmaster with
Tor, socat and stunnel and then send the config Nym message to
the registration email address. There are hover .onion relays
available for Mixmaster Remailers, but I do not have them because
I use YAMN nowadays.

With News Servers I used them in the past also with Tor, socat and
stunnel. I may ask a friend if he has .onion addresses for them.
I currently don't need them because I have no more a nym to pull
messages from a.a.m.. And yes, people still using Mixmaster (and now
YAMN) with Usenet or email. :-)

Regards
Stefan