New keyserver at keys.openpgp.org - what's your take?

Earle Lowe elowe at elowe.com
Wed Jun 19 00:53:59 CEST 2019

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 7:35 AM Stefan Claas <sac at 300baud.de> wrote:

> Fully agree. I proposed a couple of years ago to Phil Zimmermann's
> Silent Circle*, in Switzerland, to run a modern key server in form
> like we had with pgp.com. Never received a reply ...
>
> *IIRC out of business and Mr. Zimmermann now works afaik for
> startpage.com, in the Netherlands, and is involved in Openspace.
>
> Regards
> Stefan

Silent Circle is still in business (AFAIK) - but they don't make
phones anymore, a software-only company now.

And keyserver.pgp.com is definately still around (the much-maligned
Global Directory) - which interestingly enough does a number of things
the new key server does, like email verification, enforcing one email
one key, stripping off signatures, one can remove keys, and zero
federation with other key servers.

-Earle