New keyserver at keys.openpgp.org - what's your take?

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Fri Jun 14 16:33:34 CEST 2019

Michał Górny wrote:

> Given that SKS pool is entirely open, it is rather trivial for a single
> malicious entity to set multiple new keyservers up, and gain advantage
> over other servers in the pool.  In fact, this is probably easier than
> corrupting the single central server.

Fully agree. I proposed a couple of years ago to Phil Zimmermann's
Silent Circle*, in Switzerland, to run a modern key server in form
like we had with pgp.com. Never received a reply ...

*IIRC out of business and Mr. Zimmermann now works afaik for
startpage.com, in the Netherlands, and is involved in Openspace.

Regards
Stefan