GPG/YubiKey/CentOS7

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Jun 22 10:04:09 CEST 2019

On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 18:42, gnupg-users at gnupg.org said:

> Even though I have had GPG and YubiKey running a few times on CentOS7

Which GnuPG version does it come with: "gpg --version".  Does it install
gpg under the name gpg2 and provides the legacy GnuPG 1.4 under the name
gpg ?

> [p42547 at cswks20~] > ssh-add -l
> error fetching identities for protocol 1: agent refused operation
> 2048 SHA256:dj02A/DHL0RKuJuMLBX14CaQ6RriT0uqY0sXqTNPoW4
> cardno:000609042340 (RSA)

To see what the problem is you neeed to add these lines to
~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf

log-file /tmp/p42547-agent.log
verbose
debug ipc

restart gpg-agent and run ssh-add-l again.

> [p42547 at cswks20~] > gpg --export-secret-keys $KEYID | openpgp2ssh $KEYID
> We cannot handle encrypted secret keys.  Skipping!

I don't know this openpgp2ssh thingie.  To export an OpenPGP key as an
openpgp _public_ key in ssh format use

  gpg -a --export-ssh-key FINGERPRINT

You may need to append a '!' to the fingerprint to export a specific
subkey.

> gpg --export-secret-keys C5778901 gives me an asci file that then

You need to add the option -a to get in in ASCII format.

> complains about not being openpgp it also is missing the cardno in the

The cardno is has no important information; it is merely there so that
the agent can prompt you to insert the expected card.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner