PGP Anonymous Board Idea

Ralph Seichter abbot at monksofcool.net
Thu Mar 7 16:01:05 CET 2019

* Aleksandar Lazic:

> Am 06-03-2019 17:57, schrieb Ralph Seichter:
>
>> I don't see benefits over what can already be done using the
>> Tor Network as a foundation.
>
> Is Tor really as anonymous as is was in the past?

I don't know what you mean by that question.

> I think the mixmaster approach should be still in place also when you
> use Tor, IMHO.

I wrote "using the Tor Network as a foundation", but in this case it
might actually be enough. The OP presented his idea for "an anonymous
PGP messaging board", and such a messaging board could in all likelihood
be accessed using only the Tor Browser (I don't see a reason for mail in
a forum application). Providing this as an onion service would of course
also be an option.

-Ralph