PGP Anonymous Board Idea

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Fri Mar 8 19:24:32 CET 2019

Am Thu, 07 Mar 2019 16:01:05 +0100
schrieb Ralph Seichter <abbot at monksofcool.net>:

> * Aleksandar Lazic:

> > I think the mixmaster approach should be still in place also when
> > you use Tor, IMHO.
>
> I wrote "using the Tor Network as a foundation", but in this case it
> might actually be enough. The OP presented his idea for "an anonymous
> PGP messaging board", and such a messaging board could in all
> likelihood be accessed using only the Tor Browser (I don't see a
> reason for mail in a forum application). Providing this as an onion
> service would of course also be an option.

Well, mail in a "forum" like a Usenet group is there a prefered delivery
method, thanks to mail2news gateways. Also if you host a centralized
message board on a web server it can be easily taken down, regardless
if .onion site or not. In the past many .onion sites have been shut
down. With decentralised Usenet groups or Bitmessage chans you don't
have these problems.

Regards
Stefan