Native OpenPGP integration with Alpine

Andrew Luke Nesbit ullbeking at andrewnesbit.org
Wed Mar 27 20:58:30 CET 2019

Hello,

I am gradually getting back into using Alpine for the times I need to
work with email on an interactive TTY.  I have written to the
Alpine-info list before, asking for recommendations for using OpenPGP
implementations, particularly GnuPG [1].

I received many useful responses.  However I would like to explore
options for native integration rather than using external filters.

Does anybody know of any efforts to integrate OpenPGP _natively_ into
Alpine?  Has anybody looked into this /at all/, or done anything like a
code review to see if this is even feasible?

I've been thinking about looking into this myself, although I have to
admit it's not very high on my list of priorities.  If there is existing
information that can give me a head start, or somebody with whom I can
compare notes then it's more likely I will be able to push through the
first hurdles.

Kind regards,

Andrew

[1]