ProtonMail and Anonymity

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Mon May 6 06:52:10 CEST 2019

Am Sun, 5 May 2019 17:16:12 -0700
schrieb Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net>:

> Well of course that's not anonymous!
>
> So what you do, if you want ~anonymity, is to use their Tor onion
> site. That doesn't ask for anything beyond an email address.

Assuming that this is their real .onion address, I just tried that.

https://protonirockerxow.onion/login and got this:

Are you human?

To fight spam, please verify you are human.

Your email or phone number will not be linked to the account created.
It is only used during the signup process. A hash will be saved to
prevent abuse of the ProtonMail systems. (Why is this required?)

SMS
Donate

Now my question for privacy experts ... Would you give away your
mobile phone number when using Tor ???

Regards
Stefan