WKD question

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Aug 4 10:43:29 CEST 2020

On Sun,  2 Aug 2020 07:38, Dmitry Alexandrov said:

> I dunno why @wk at gnupg.org did that, but whatever his reasons were, the
> fact that he was _able_ to do that, is exactly the key reason why

I have a post-it on my CA laptop to add a signing subkey to my new key,
I should really do that soon.

Because ed25519 was not in widespread use when I created the key in 2018
I decided to use it only for encryption for some time and add a signing
key later.

  gpg --locate-external-key -v foo at example.rog

looks up foo at example.org even if a key with that user id already exists.
It then imports the key and lists it with all existing user ids.  The
-v is there to get information on how foo at example.org was retrieved.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner