In case you use OpenPGP on a smartphone ...

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Tue Aug 11 11:39:31 CEST 2020

Mark wrote:

> I was thinking about getting an app called iPGMail for iPhone/iPad to
> use PGP on them. From my very limited experience it looks like it might
> be a good choice as well.

For me it looks like that encryption alà OpenPGP, whether iOS or Android
is unfortunately dead, after I have seen Mr Snowden's YouTube Video.

Based on my proposal, I would like to see in the future (OpenSource)
*hardware* based encryption products, for at least voice comms, which
is affordable for the majority of us and easy to use, so that people
do not need to use good old email encryption for important things,
on a mobile device.

https://www.securstar.com/en/phonecrypt-voice.html

Regards
Stefan