In case you use OpenPGP on a smartphone ...

ಚಿರಾಗ್ ನಟರಾಜ್ gpg-users at chiraag.me
Tue Aug 11 17:41:00 CEST 2020

11/08/20 17:18 ನಲ್ಲಿ, Stefan Claas <sac at 300baud.de> ಬರೆದರು:

> And you think that continuing with those is a good practice since
> Mr Snowden's YouTube Video was released?

I mean, don't you think it's odd that you can't find a single other source for those statements coming from Snowden? And don't you find it odd that Pegasus is claimed to be a Russian group, when in fact they're Israeli (showing a basic lack of care regarding factual statements that are easily verified or debunked)? I don't think Snowden would make that sort of mistake, and I would think we'd see a lot more articles or videos or whatever about this.

Is Pegasus dangerous? Absolutely. Do I take the claims in the video at face value? Not really, no. And I doubt that Snowden actually said all of those things as one coherent statement (although they might be various statements taken from various different interviews or speeches or whatever).

The whole veracity of the video rests on Snowden's authority, and I suspect the people who made the video are banking on people trusting it because it seems to come from Snowden.

Sincerely,

Chiraag