In case you use OpenPGP on a smartphone ...

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Wed Aug 12 17:25:29 CEST 2020

Felix wrote:

[...]

apologies for not quoting each paragraph from you!

No doubt that a system tool (like Werner says) like GnuPG or any others for
that matter, which are free and OpenSource, are good tools people rely on.

We all know that threats for online devices exist and mostly bugs or security
holes are more or less quickly discovered and fixed.

I believe that users interested in security and privacy always try to strive
for the best solutions available, regardless of their threat model, i.e. what
is good for activists or journalist in oppressed regimes etc. (which received
advice and how-to's from professionals) may also be good for us, when trying
to protect things we are doing online.

My concern however, with the advancement of these powerful tools is that this
is already a 'Russian roulette' while there is currently no defense AFAIK against
them or guarantees that these tools are not been misused by third parties.

Regards
Stefan

--
my 'hidden' service gopherhole: