Password Decript GPG public key

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Tue Aug 25 22:19:30 CEST 2020

vedaal at nym.hush.com wrote:

> On 8/25/2020 at 3:21 PM, "Stefan Claas" <sac at 300baud.de> wrote:
>

> >Maybe he could try to use a secret key without a passphrase and
> >give then the secret key personally to his friend?
>
> =====
>
> And just have the ascii armored text of the secret key as the passphrase for the symmetrically encrypted text?
>
> There still needs to be a way to 'enter' it as the 'passphrase'.   If the OP doesn't mind saving it in a file-decsriptor way,
> that would work, but it would work the same as the secret key had a passphrase, or even if it was an unpublished public key.

Well, as we know GnuPG uses hybrid encryption when using public key encryption, so why use then direct symmetric encryption
with a passphrase, if the shown workflow would work also with GnuPG?

What I have shown would allow a group of people to use the same secret-key, among them, without having a public key
to share (found on a keyservers ...) and without using a passphrase (preferably on an offline device).

Regards
Stefan