gnupg --fetch-key problems

Ángel angel at pgp.16bits.net
Mon Aug 31 02:48:54 CEST 2020

On 2020-08-30 at 20:12 +0200, Björn Jacke via Gnupg-users wrote:
> A rule that forbids HTTP 1.0 requests is not uncommon these days. In
> order to make gpg users' experience better I suggest that gnupg
> should not use HTTP 1.0 but at least HTTP 1.1 and also send a user
> agent header. Actually I think it would be best if gnupg would use
> libcurl for that. The web server protocols a becoming more and more
> complex and even HTTP 1.1 might not be good enough for some sites now
> or in the near future.

I don't think it's a good idea to block HTTP/1.0 requests. Your system,
your choice, of course.

HTTP/1.1 would require support for things that currently may not be
present, such as chunked transfer encodings, whereas HTTP/1.0 is
perfectly fine for the expected use.

I agree it should provide an User-Agent, though.