How to use reprepro (or anything really) over ssh?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 11 10:04:06 CET 2020

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 15:59, Andrew Gallagher said:

> reprepro uses gpgme, so it doesn't support `pinentry-mode loopback` (it
> crashes if I try). And since I am normally logged in to my home machine,

GPGME supports pinentry modes since 1.4.0 (release early 2013):

7.4.7 Pinentry Mode
-------------------

 -- Function: gpgme_error_t gpgme_set_pinentry_mode (gpgme_ctx_t CTX,
     gpgme_pinentry_mode_t MODE)

     SINCE: 1.4.0

     The function ‘gpgme_set_pinentry_mode’ specifies the pinentry mode
     to be used.

     For GnuPG >= 2.1 this option is required to be set to
     ‘GPGME_PINENTRY_MODE_LOOPBACK’ to enable the passphrase callback
     mechanism in GPGME through ‘gpgme_set_passphrase_cb’.

> Is pinentry ignoring its command line parameters? And how do I get it to
> behave? I can only manage this repository when I'm sitting at my home
> computer, which is not acceptable.

After having sshed into the other box run there:

  gpg-connect-agent updatestartuptty /bye

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner