monkeysign removal from bullseye

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Sun Mar 22 00:39:19 CET 2020

It would appear that the python2/3 migration dumpster fire has claimed
yet another good package[1]:

```
> Hi,
> Has there been further development? Otherwise I'd suggest to remove
monkeysign
> for now, it's blocking the removal of pygtk (and in turn a few other
libraries)
> and it can still be re-introduced by bullseye release if it gets ported.

i'm sorry to say there has been no progress and must now admit this is
the only short term solution.
```

I cannot stress enough how awesome monkeysign is. I have a pet project
that is only reasonably possible because of its existence, and which I
will have to abandon if monkeysign becomes unmaintained.

How much work would be involved in getting it back into production? I'm
not a python programmer (the python2/3 migration catastrophe has put me
off ever wasting my brain cells on it) but I might be willing to suffer
it for this one project.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=937066

--
Andrew Gallagher