Comparison of RSA vs elliptical keys

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu May 14 23:23:00 CEST 2020

> With all due respect, do you think when Hagrid and even good old SKS
> key servers supports this feature that people would not applaud you if
> you would consider including it in GnuPG too and reflecting it in the
> respective RFC?

Speaking for myself, I have "rfc4880" in my gpg.conf for damned good
reasons.

I *do not* want GnuPG to generate UID-less certificates in strict
compliance mode, I *do not* want GnuPG to use them in strict compliance
mode.

I have no opinion on "--allow-broken-certificates" and only allowing
them to be generated in expert mode after a clear warning about it being
noncompliant.

I also think this is the wrong place to talk about how the RFC should be
changed.  Take it to the WG, please.